San Canzian Village & Hotel, with its authentic Istrian heritage and rural architecture, is where the traditional meets the modern, a unique experience in the heart of the Istrian countryside. San Canzian offers a highly-personalized service; guests can savour locally inspired food and drinks and enjoy them within San Canzian’s distinctive architecture and exceptional setting.
San Canzian is an authentic luxury village & hotel with 25 rooms and suites situated in the mediaeval village of Mužolini Donji, near Buje and Grožnjan, a 14th-century Venetian fortress, reborn. Known from the ancient times as Kastion/Castrum/Castiloni the fort and its surroundings were always a secret safe place for the locals. Fertile valleys and fresh water, olives and wine, all prerequisites for a good life. A small Romanesque chapel was named after St Cantianus but the fortress is long gone, for centuries now, and the only things remaining are the chapel foundations. Nature, though, has stayed the same and it is still a secret place and a starting point for all travellers who come to explore and enjoy Istria.
This hotel is available as part of any tailor made holiday with Rediscover the World.
The San Canzian estate was entirely transformed and renovated with care and finesse of every detail with Istria as everlasting inspiration. The interior design is deeply rooted and inspired by indigenous ways of building, but with modern solutions, and immaculately blended in a mediaeval exterior setting. As it’s built on the ruins of the ancient village of San Canzian, you can still breathe in the spirit of the past looking at the old church, just 500 meters from the Hotel. Of course, when in Istria… you are about to treat your taste buds with premium culinary pleasures. Istria is a wonderland of fine, award-winning olive oils and wines, and at San Canzian you will have the perfect opportunity to enjoy the delicious creations by food artists and renowned Chefs at the Noel Bar & Restaurant.
Accommodation: All rooms are non-smoking and have ensuite bathroom with shower and exclusive bathroom toiletries, A/C, wi-fi, complimentary 24-Hour Room Service, evening turndown service, laundry service
- Classic room - 20sqm to 26sqm – queen/king size bed
- Superior room - 24sqm to 33sqm - king-size bed
- Deluxe room - 29sqm to 36sqm – king-size bed
- Junior suites also available
- Villas - 60sqm; private outdoor pool; private terrace and garden; separated living and sleeping area; kitchenette; king-size bed
Facilities: the pool offers breath-taking panoramic views overlooking the olive gardens and vineyards of San Canzian. The natural setting and scenery are ideal for couples to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere while sipping cocktails and watching the sunset.
Sauna - regenerate and relax immersed in beautiful nature, while enjoying the sauna and relax zone.
Restaurant - after three successful years, the fashionable Noel in Zagreb was awarded its first Michelin star. Now, the second restaurant is in the luxurious and charming San Canzian Village & Hotel. The best of Istria comes to your table – world’s best olive oils, top wines, fresh fish, truffles and many other fine-dining experiences created by Chef. The location of the restaurant and its vegetable garden aims to raise the bar and take the Noel’s cuisine to the next level. Head Sommelier, Ivan Jug, certified by the prestigious Court of Master Sommeliers, has created a fantastic wine list, with emphasis on splendid Istrian grapes and top wines.
Bistro / Wine / Cocktail Bar - the hotel is proud to introduce you to "The best barman in Croatia 2018" – Karlo Ferenčak. In the Noel Bar, Karlo will be creating signature refreshing cocktails. His mixology techniques and his handmade, homemade syrups, liqueurs and bitters offer the highest quality and most authentic flavours throughout the year.
1962 Celli speedboat - A boat trip is a fantastic way to explore the Istrian scenic coastline. Book a trip in the hotel’s 1962 Celli boat, a vintage mahogany speedboat.
Classic & Sports Cars - Explore and get to know the local towns, hidden villages and the Istrian coastline in our classic sports car Porsche 911 933. Available for rent at the hotel.
- Olive oil tasting - Istria has been named the best olive oil region in the world by Flos Olei, a famous Italian olive oil guide. Sign up for one of our daily scheduled olive oil tastings and enjoy a selection of homemade olive oils of San Canzian.
- Wine Tasting - Istrian wine production goes back to the ancient times when Istrian manufacturers made wine for Roman emperors and the nobility. Discover and explore the secrets of stunning Istrian vineyards and award-winning wineries.
- Truffle Hunting - This tour is perfectly tailored for everyone who’s in love with truffles and fine cuisine. Let us take you on an adventure through beautiful forests, the hiding place of truffles.
- Sports - San Canzian’s countryside setting is perfect for all sports. Go hiking, hop on a bike and go for an exciting guided bike tour, improve your golf skills with a couple of lessons, take a private yoga class or take a relaxing stroll.
- 10-20 rooms
- Ideal for couples
- Ideal for fly drives