Walking, swimming and fabulous food in the Land of the Centaurs.
START / FINISH - Volos [Athens, Thessaloniki - on request].
Activity code: GRSGPW02
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. [Participants should be in good physical condition with some relevant hiking experience.]
Duration: 8 Days
Walk through orchards, olive groves and beech forests while enjoying the amazing views towards the Aegean Sea. Take time to wander along cobbled stone paths and visit traditional villages built by the best stone masons and craftsmen of 19th century Greece. Take a break to swim in brilliant blue, crystal clear waters at some truly unique beaches.
Mount Pelion, otherwise known as the Land of the Centaurs, is covered with lush vegetation, orchards, olive and chestnut trees. Twenty-four villages emerge through the forests with their remarkable cobblestone paths and characteristic manor houses. Along the coastline you'll discover isolated shores drenched in a tapestry of colours, sandy beaches and picturesque fishing villages that create a perfect combination of walking and swimming, while admiring stunning views on almost every route.
The combination of incredible hiking paths, breathtaking views and fascinating cultural and architectural uniqueness make this tour a great choice. Overall this is a hiking and food lover's dream and has something for everyone.
Suggested equipment for your trekking holiday:
- Bottle/flask of water (1 litre per day)
- Walking poles
- Sun protection & sunglasses
- Bathing suit & towel
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof coat / windbreaker, comfortable clothing
- HIKING BOOTS ARE NECESSARY!
- Minimum 2 persons
- In January 2018 Greece introduced an Overnight Stay Tax of 0.50 to 4 Euros per room per night, which is payable locally - the amount varies according to the category of the accommodation (i.e. 1-2 star hotels = 0.50 Euros, 5 star hotels = 4 Euros).